Full-time lead artist, tasked with leading visual direction of games and production of digital art assets.
Alongside your base pay, you will also be eligible for an annual bonus as well as:
7 - 12 Million JPY
* For Tokyo location.
* For London location, salary will be adjusted.
- Flexible work hours
- A casual and friendly atmosphere amongst those with a passion for working on games
- The ability to work remotely when necessary
- The ability to work from London or Tokyo offices for part of the working year, at your discretion
- Experience in digital illustration (5+ years personal and 2+ years professional)
- Experience in working as part of a team on projects requiring high visual-fidelity and communicating design/visual directions
- Firm understanding of colors, lighting, rendering and anatomy as well as character design, with ability to illustrate in a style suited to lowiro games.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern Japanese animation and illustration stylization
Description of role
We are looking for a lead artist to be tasked with overall visual direction of mobile games as well as helping to direct all visual facets: in-game art graphic/UI design and promotional materials.
You will also be tasked with production of character illustrations and visual assets for game projects as well as guiding and directing changes to other illustrations and designs in order to form a consistent visual direction across a game.
You will work closely with the development team in communicating visual requirements and eliciting specifications for visual assets.
- Skill in background/ world illustration for environmental design.
- Experience in production of concept character & environment art
- Knowledge of the Japanese language
Preferred: UK (London) or Japan (Tokyo)
International remote will be considered based on qualification.
Please apply by sending the following via the contact form:
- Cover Letter (link)
- Resume (link)
- Digital Illustration portfolio (link)
* Please note that applications not including a cover letter will not be reviewed